Tuesday, February 24, 2015

One day a hen made a swing...


One day the weather turned mild.
(This was back in early January)

It was lovely at first.

I let the hens out of the coop to stretch their wings and 
so they could enjoy their second home (aka under the deck)

I was further down the yard, burning out a stump.

I happened to look up.


Oh man!
I thought that Pigeon, our Silver Laced Wyandotte,
had tried to fly from the deck to the coop...
and gotten stuck in the grape vine trellis!

They deal with the snow...but they don't like it.
They try to fly back and forth to avoid walking in the white stuff.
Their landings just aren't graceful at all.


As I walked over to investigate, I noticed she was rocking back and forth.
It kind of reminded me of the summer birds on our clothesline.
They look like they are having fun...more fun than just "trying to keep their balance".

And it appeared as though Pigeon was doing the same thing.


By the time I got close enough, I realized she was quite fine.
She was balanced nicely on the wire we strung to train the vines.



My how your animals can make you worry...

No comments:

Post a Comment