Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In celebration...2 Years and Counting...

In celebration of this blog officially turning 2 years old...

I thought I would have another contest!


So here goes:

You get your pick of the following books shipped directly to you!

Sorry, you can't look inside of the above pic...that's amazon.com's fault.
However, if you really want this book, I'll make sure it will be autographed by Mr Brill himself!
You may remember my post on Steve Brill and his amazing foraging awesomeness...

My original post:



I've said it before, so I'll say it again...The Mathers are great!
If you want an introductory book about gardening in eastern Ontario that covers just about everything you'd want to know...this is the book you want!

Previous post on this great book:


Another great grab from The Mathers is the informative book shown below:
(also available for this contest)



This book is great even if you've only dreamed of being self sufficient...but a great guide if you have real intentions of becoming so.  Chock full of Mather humour!!!


Again, you can't look inside this one either.
However if you could...you'd discover a sweet sweet book about growing from a child's perspective.
A sure favorite of my son Owen.  (his review "9 thumbs up")

My original post on Peggy's book:



Rebecca Lerner is a fantastic gal who amazes me with every post on her blog.
She resides in Seatlle and writes about all sorts of foraging.
(she won me over with her post about making MEAD...oh yeah, she rocks!)
I have yet to mention her in an offical post, sadly. (will rectify that in 2013 for sure!)

Here is her blog:




Any of these books would be a great addition to your library,
or a fantastic holiday gift for the gardener/forager in your life!
There is also a selection for the wee gardener in training...

All you have to do is tell me a story...and which book you want.

Yup, that's it!

A short story (let's keep it under 500 words) that answers the question "who is your guru?"

Who inspires you to grow more or experiment in the outdoors? 
Who have you learned the most from in your life?

Let's make Nov 15th be the deadline, so the prizes get shipped well before that holiday is upon us!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 2nd Blogiversity!
    And "The All You Can Eat Gardening Handbook" is MY favourite gardening book too!

    ReplyDelete